Tuesday, April 07, 2009

The nature of Jesus Christ

I am currently participating in a Beth Moore bible study called, "Believing God." This particular verse impacted me tonight during my study time.

Colossians 1: 15-17
"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together." (NIV translation--bold print my emphasis)

First of all, let me say that God is Sovereign. He allows the current government that we, as U.S. citizens, are enduring. My concern is that Christians are concentrating too readily on the gloom and doom purported by the media. While this nation's economy (among other things) is not a rosy picture, may I suggest that we can trust God to move mightily during this time in His own way.

Secondly, "all things were created by him and for him." The chief end of man is to glorify God. I am asking myself, "What am I doing on a day to day basis that glorifies Him?" Consider this point carefully and move to meet its challenge.

Third, "in him all things hold together." Hold fast to this statement. In difficult times, in uncertainty, in sickness, in trial, let us hold to God's promises and pray fervently, believing in Him who has the power to accomplish anything. I am letting God hold me together and trusting in the Hope that he has given me for my future. Amen!

No comments: