Friday, May 02, 2008

Baby Update

Here is Joshua 2 weeks old with the sweet blanket made by Mom's friend, Teri.

A little update on things here: I got an infection of some sort around my incision site, so I'm on antibiotics. This started last Sunday evening. We started out taking meds and had to double them on Wednesday because things weren't getting better. So recovery is slow going here. 2000 mg of Keflex is kicking my butt right now. Joshua is still very slow to gain weight and nursing isn't going the best. I am taking fenugreek--3 capsules, 3 times per day and that boosted my supply a little. Joshua is still sleepy and doesn't remove milk very well. He looks good and weighs 8 pounds today. All the other children are doing quite well with the new baby. Eden likes to poke him... Dan and Max are at their last baseball game right now (most likely). They have had a winning season this year 6-4. In playoffs they lost the 1st game, won the 2nd, and if they lose tonight then they're out of the tournament. We'll see! God is good! I'm still praying I don't get too discouraged about nursing. I'm seeing my lactation consultant on Monday again. Just keep praying for success and healing for the momma. Thanks!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is just gorgeous!! Absolutely perfect little guy. Praying that the nursing will kick in. Just read your message at MOMYS.
Melanie

Shannon said...

I'm continuing to pray for you!

Incidentally- I am reading a wonderful book on nutrition called Nourishing Traditions (back to basics, non political, non PC nutrition.....there's even a section on infant nutrition with homemade formula recipes that are superior to commercial formula).

In the chapter on grains, it mentioned that African tribeswomen highly prize the grain Quinoa for it's milk stimulating abilities.

Quinoa is available at any health food mart and is great as a hot cereal or as a tabouleh type greek salad.