Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Of pickles and ice cream...

Okay, I have made it to 10 weeks and 1 day already. A small victory for this "tired of this nauseated phase of pregnancy" momma. Please don't take this as a complaint. I am SOOO thankful that I AM sick this time. Everything seems to be just at it should be. Despite 2 migraines in a 24 hour period I am still hanging in there. Even with the hormones, I would have to say I'm less grumpy this pregnancy than I usually am. I'm sure there's a Hallelujah in there from my hubby and kids! So far the only craving I have had has been a "Homewrecker" from Moe's. Well, actually, I got the vegetarian version which is called an "Art Vandalay." It was wonderful going down...we won't talk about later... I have this horrible taste in my mouth most of the time which I try to get rid of by eating various things, only for it to come back moments later. Any previously pregnant women relate??? And now I'm hungry all the time. Not good when you're a little extra fluffly.

I am in the throes of trying to decide on homeschool curriculum for next year. The kids are plugging along with their studies and dreaming of those long summer days. They have been working so diligently that Celeste, Jamie, and Dan will be done with some of their subjects in early April this year. But there is no rest for I have additional studies planned! Max is doing great in K math, but the phonics will take more work. I found a little program called Happy Phonics. It's only $40 and I think we'll buy it and give it a try. It has several games included and I think this is what we need to make it fun!

That's what is going on with us. Stu has been very busy with work and I haven't seen much of him lately. We haven't had a date in so long...but I don't generally feel well in the evening hours, so that's been a little difficult. I'll feel better in a few more weeks...TTFN!

No comments: