Friday, October 12, 2007

A Taste of Fall


Ahh, today it is absolutely beautiful here! The low last night was 51 degrees...Woo Hoo! All my children are proudly wearing jeans today. The high is 81. I can live with that. I really love the fall weather. It puts a new spring in my step. I got out for a little while to get Jamie's hair cut (we couldn't tell who he was anymore) and to run some errands. The birds will be happy because I bought a 20 pound bag of seed from my favorite specialty bird store. I just love the feeders we have in the backyard. There's always an interesting group of birds stopping by. If you don't have a feeder, then I suggest you get one. I really enjoyed the hummingbirds this year, too. Evidently, they flew south for the winter and will be back in spring...boo hoo.

Tonight we go over to Grandma and Grandpa Palmers for dinner. It's been forever since we have done that! I look forward to a family evening. They will be moving into a new condo soon, so we will enjoy Thanksgiving and Christmas in their new digs. I posted a pic of Eden who fell asleep in her high chair this morning. So cute!

2 comments:

Aisling said...

Our yard is very small (only 5 yards each side), and our neighbours have cats, so we don't particularly feed the birds. We figure it makes them too much of a target for the cats, especially when the furthest you can be from a fence is 2 1/2 yards.

Anonymous said...

Too cute! I can't believe you are going to have 7 kids!!!!!!! Wow, I wish I could have done that, you must be a baby machine! Miss you.