Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgiving musings

Okay, so hey, it's Thanksgiving on Thursday. I have only had it at my house once (in 1993) and I didn't cook the turkey. So we embark on the adventure that is preparing a turkey. My Dad calls me yesterday to remind me to put it in the fridge to thaw. Ok, that's done. But today it seems no more thawed than yesterday...mmm. Well, just have to watch and see what develops. I'm going to do green bean casserole, a potato casserole that Stu loves, rolls, and pumpkin pie. We have another family joining us and my cousin is supposed to come, too. It should be a nice little gathering.

I'm still worried about this turkey. Mom of 7 cooks turkey. You'd think I would know how to do these things. Time to visit the allrecipes site and check out what to do!

I have a new love...caffeine. Never really thought that much about it before. I'm really liking McDonald's sweet tea. I get to have one every now and then. And Celeste treated me to Starbucks today. That mocha truffle espresso was REALLY good. I don't own a coffee maker, but I could see the benefit to it. I swore off caffeine in 2003 when I was taking more care with my health. I don't see it as a good thing, BUT I sure do have more energy when I consume it! Not a down side to that proposition!

1 comment:

Eunice said...

Hey Nancy, how'd the turkey come out? You probably should have taken it out on Sunday. Next time, call us and we can help!

I LOVE the pictures of Joshua and Eden. Soooo cute!