Tuesday, April 11, 2006

When Diamonds AREN'T Your Best Friend

An unwanted visitor--Eastern Diamondback Rattler



Jamie with his kill!
We had an exciting afternoon here at our house! Max found an Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnake as it slithered onto our back porch. 5 kids were playing in the back yard and they knew what it was right away. After a quick phone call to Stu, we decided to have Jamie kill it. I didn't want it hanging around anyway!! The snake was young with a small rattle and was only about 1 1/2 feet long, but still! I have always warned the children of this, but was hoping we'd never see one. Luckily, it was an educational moment and everyone was safe.

On another note, Tommy has some sort of horrible flu virus. After 13+ hours of throwing up every 20 minutes or so on Sun/Mon, he started running a fever yesterday. He has since stopped puking and is quite puny. We're having a hard time getting him to drink anything. This is supposed to last 3-4 days, so pray he gets over it soon. Plus I was up getting checked out in Labor & Delivery on Sunday evening (when the puking began--poor Celeste) because I was having spotting and crampiness. Everything is fine and baby looks good. I'm 15 weeks today. I just need to take it easy right now. Pray that no one else gets sick! It's supposed to be limited to babies/toddlers. All this and we're taking Spring Break this week. I'm sorry it's a little boring for the children, but such is life! I try to be thankful to God in every situation. God Bless!

1 comment:

Charity said...

WOW!!!! I am sooo glad that no one got bit. I showed Andrew the picture. He said "cool".