Monday, July 17, 2006

Just when I think I have it all figured out, God brings something to my attention...my indwelling sin. I think I've been guilty lately of the sin of materialism insomuch that it relates to all the things I want, or wish that I had. I have spent too much time concentrating on how I could get these things: new bedroom set (so we can pass ours to Celeste--whose dresser is for a small child), furniture for Jamie who has been living with only a bed, things for the new baby--such as a new stroller, car seat, crib, rocker, and a pool. As I look around my house I truly see abundance. God has so blessed me with this abundance. I will take today to be thankful for the things He HAS blessed me with.

~a lovely home
~6 beautiful children...almost!
~a dedicated, hard-working husband
~a housefull of noise...and stuff
~forgiven sins...Praise the Lord for that one!
~a wonderful church home with great teaching and good Christian friends

No comments: