Monday, February 25, 2008

The Past Few Days

The past few days have found me busy...as usual! On Friday, we attended my brother's (Ed) retirement party from the local police department. My younger brother, Jamie, showed up and we had a great time. We had a wonderful dinner at a local restaurant; just our immediate family which included myself, Stu, my Jamie, Celeste, my Dad, Lainie, Ed, Tanya, JT, Justin, and Jamie. We NEVER get to do that. Ed is leaving in less than a month. That will be a sad time for us.

Also, Friday night we had a severe thunderstorm that woke up the entire house around 2 AM. Well, Eden never woke up, thank the Lord! We had 3 little boys on the floor in our room and even had a visit from both of the teens. It was quite windy with 60 mph winds and lots of thunder and lightning. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep. Tommy kept kicking me in the back until I made Stu move him out of our bed and onto the couch in our room. I am very fortunate. My kids never come into our room at night and wake us up. This was a very rare occurrence. We were all quite tired on Saturday!

I have another OB appointment this week. We'll see just how big I am now. (I say with trembling.) I feel almost full term and am getting very slow. I am taking insulin twice a day now. The good news is that I have needed less over the past few days than was originally prescribed, so I'm excited about that. I'm finally able to stomach the Juice Plus and I think that has made a world of difference! I'll update you on baby when I have more info.

No comments: