Wednesday, August 20, 2008

School Days

Jamie started high school on Monday... That was an interesting day for me. I watched him get on a school bus for the first time EVER to go to school. (The bus picks up at the end of our driveway--how convenient. He is the last stop to get on and the first stop dropped off, too!) There is SO much preparation and paper to sign, etc. I have spent the past two evenings just working with him on his syllabuses and organizing. We went to buy shoes, shorts, shirts for PE last night and couldn't find anything. He wears a size 12 men's shoe and he is 14!!! It's crazy. We'll have to go somewhere else this evening. Also, he still needs school supplies. With everything I think it will run around $200. Please pray the Lord will provide for these expenses. Things are VERY tight. Jamie has signed up for JV football. I feel like I will never see him. That I've lost him to the "world." I didn't have this with his big sister. Even though she's taking college classes, she is still very active with the family. Jamie will be busy with school, homework, and athletics. It's just weird for us. Pray for my mommy heart on this... That's all I know to say.

1 comment:

Aisling said...

I don't know how your shoe sizes match up to ours but we have the same problem with Michael. He is 13 and huge! Been in mens trousers for school (as opposed to those sold as school trousers, most schools here have uniform up to 16) for what must be nearly two years.