Saturday, January 03, 2009

The beauty of a quiet spirit

God spoke to me today. He told me to be quiet (silent, actually). This was in regards to a matter of heart that I am having. If you know me, you know that is very hard for me to do! In being obedient to Him, I saw immediate fruit from my action. God is so good! After bringing 7 children into this world, my brain can be mush, so the Lord was so good to lead me to scripture, too. 1 Peter 3:1-7 is scripture that challenges us to be better wives and helpmates to our husbands. This is always a good thing. Marriage and parenting is a sanctifying process. Sanctification can feel like trial by fire sometimes, but I am reminded that I am always to glorify Him in all things. (Even when being quiet is the last thing I want to do!) My hope is that this verse blesses you. It is confirmation of God's amazing love. That He would not leave me, but be there and encourage me in the smallest of life's happenings.

"but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious." 1 Peter 3:4

No comments: