Thursday, January 08, 2009

Recently Read


When Stu asked me what I wanted for Christmas, the book 20 and Counting! by Michelle & Jim Bob Duggar was at the top of my list. Why? For the past 4 years I have been fascinated with all things Duggar. They are an inspiration to me. Their children are bright, industrious, normal, and love Jesus. Even as an older mom, I never stop learning. Who better to glean from than a mom to so many. This book answers many questions about the family. They have made bad decisions at times. Quite a few of them. (Just like me...) There are family recipes throughout. This has been fun. We had Poor Man's Pizza the other day for lunch. The next day the kids asked, "Hey, Mom. Can we have that pizza for lunch again?" All of this is just to say, if you're curious about the Duggar family and you need encouragement, read this book. It's for all families, big and small. Enjoy!
P.S. There are recipes posted on their website, too. Our family loves the Tater Tot Casserole!
P.S.S. If you have any books that have inspired your parenting journey please share them with me in the comment section.

2 comments:

Busy Mama said...

I want to read that as well - as a fellow homeschool mom, I think it will be encouraging! My name is on our library's list!!

Chris@Joyful Mother said...

I'd like to read this book as well. Sometimes when I think of the Duggars, I ask myself "Are they for real?".. I guess I would have to read the book to get the feel that they are as real as you and I. Knowing they have made bad decisions in their lives is good to know.

Blessings to you Nancy,

chris

PS I am still having problems reading the post. I have to highlight the text to read it. I don't know why.