Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Dinner

Dinner tonight was interesting. You know you live in a large family when... First of all, my hubby was at a meeting and Celeste was at work. That leaves 7 of us. Evidently, it was the crazy 7. Jamie is getting the last drink. He is serving lemonade to Tommy and the pitcher just explodes (somehow) and lemonade goes everywhere. There's sticky on counter tops, cabinets, floor, etc. Jamie tries to "mop" it up with a dishtowel that only spreads it further. By the time he sat down he was flustered. During dinner Tommy, 4, and Eden, 2, are making random noises and humming. At the same time, I am attempting to feed Joshua with my left hand while I eat with my right. He is babbling and screeching in between each bite. The older kids give me this look. I think we live in a "zoo" sometimes. Looking back it was funny. After dinner Jamie goes to get the mop to clean up. It has been sitting on the back porch in the bucket for 10 days. Not using that mop! Hands and knees got it done right, though. Stu came home and told me to get away. Needless to say, a trip to Starbuck's and the grocery store saved me from a lobotomy, lol!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Days like that can be SOOOO crazy! It's wonderful when the Hubby gets a clue that we need a moment.

Chris@Joyful Mother said...

Hey sounds like my house!!!

Chris