Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Life is Full

I am currently reading aloud Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder. The boys are really enjoying it! This evening, at the end of the 3rd chapter, they were clamoring for more. But alas, it was already past bedtime. I am surprised at how much I am enjoying reading to them. We have really learned a lot about life in the late 1800's. So tonight I am feeling very blessed to be in my centrally-heated, cozy home instead of the 40 below weather in Almonzo's era with wood-burning stoves. We are trying a new approach to our homeschooling. It's more of a Charlotte Mason approach. I need something I can involve all of the children in; something that accommodates everyone here. Otherwise it can be crazy! In addition, we are using Remember Me Pockets for February from CurrClick. This is a fun and inexpensive "unit" study to do this month. We enjoyed doing some Groundhog Day activities today and learning about Laura Ingalls Wilder. There's more than we can do this month and it was only $4.99!
Also, a fun announcement: My good friend, Chris, had her 8th baby on Friday! She's a girl and so beautiful. Hop on over to Joyful Mother and take a gander. Congratulations to Chris, Donnie, and the whole family!! Jesus has surely blessed you!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I will have to get that book to read aloud to my boys. I think they will love it! Right now we are reading Sign of the Beaver and they are so into it!

Hey, swing by my blog because I left you some "bloggy love." LOL Although you probably have already received it before.
www.movingforward-amanda.blogspot.com

Chris@Joyful Mother said...

Hey Nancy,

I have survived the first 4 days while waiting for my milk to come in. I'm telling you I haven't had such a hungry baby. I actually had to supplement in the middle of night 3. She was crying so much...oh and so was I.

Thank God my milk is in and she is satisfied and acting like a normal baby now.

Chris