Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!


A Favorite Valentine Memory
In 1987 I was living in the sorority house (Sigma Kappa, UF). One of my sisters came upstairs to tell me there was a really cute guy downstairs with flowers for me. I wasn't dating anyone at the time, so I was like, "Wow!" What a sweet surprise it was when I went downstairs and there stood my older brother, Ed! He had a card and some flowers for me (and a big hug!). Then he treated me to lunch. You're the best, Ed!


2 comments:

Chris@Joyful Mother said...

How sweet! I actually teared up a bit when I read this.

Happy Valentine's Nancy...

Chris

Amanda said...

Just goes to show us (and everyone else) that it doesn't have to be a "love interest" giving us stuff on Valentine's Day. Family who love us make the day just as special or even more special!

Great memory!