Sunday, October 09, 2005

Back to basics

This week I "won" 2 things on ebay that I have been wanting for over a year. I got a K-tec Champ 2000 mixer and a grain mill. The plan is to make healthy bread and other recipes using this item. I have been very convicted over the past 2 years plus to clean up my act regarding eating habits/health. It has really helped me and my daughter (who is now off of meds for her juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, yea!). I have a good friend that makes her own bread and my children talk about how awesome it is. I can't wait to join the ranks!

It's off to church in a bit here. Hopefully, we won't be late and we'll all get along before we get there if you know what I mean ;).

"I will praise Him for I am fearfully and wonderfully made." Psalm 139:14

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi nancy,
Andrew and I ended up having a very long date last night. So we slept in. Sorry we were not at church, again. And I am so glad that Celeste is off her meds, I did not know that. You need to have an info day for nutrition at the church property. I am always learning stuff from you. Talk to ya later.

Unknown said...

I am NO expert at nutrition, but I encourage people to explore this area. I received some very good information from someone I know who is a doctor of naturopathy. She is a vegetarian--it can be a very healthy way of living, but I don't believe it's the only way. People ate meat in the bible, so I don't think we're designed to be vegetarians. I will say we eat WAY too much meat in the US, though!

Misty said...

Hey Nancy,

I want a mill for my b-day but money is so tight. What did you pay for yours on ebay?