Friday, October 07, 2005

Local Holidays

Most towns don't have a local holiday, but ours does. For all of the Gator fans today is a local holiday. ALL of the schools are off today for a parade and a typically wild pep rally called Gator Growl. This is homecoming weekend. We will be trying to avoid the main part of town as thousands of alumni and college students swarm there to party.

In addition, my parents are coming for a day visit. My daughter is looking forward to shopping with her grandmother--we call her Mima. This is her yearly shopping trip for her birthday. It's good that it's happening today after the bird incident yesterday. I am hoping it will serve to cheer her up. Along with my parents, my brother and his family will be coming over for dinner and we'll have take out from Backyard BBQ. No cooking and no dishes. Now that's something I can get excited about!

Have a super Friday!

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1: 9

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is like a diary for everyone to read. Can you put in some family pictures? That would be great if you can. Is chipper still there? I told Andrew about the bird event. He was amazed. I'll see ya at church tomorrow.

Unknown said...

We still have the dog. I don't know when we'll get rid of him. THe breeder is out of town right now. Yes, this is an online journal of sorts. I DO plan on adding pictures!