Sunday, October 23, 2005

Children's funnies and other musings

Okay, where have I been....busy with life, I guess. I have a funny for you...

Dan goes outside yesterday by himself to swing. A few seconds later he comes back in and says its too hot out there. (It was about 83 degrees...that's not bad considering what it's been.) Then Max says, "Mommy, I know why God made the sun...so that we wouldn't be cold." Priceless!

Also, I got my Vision Forum 2006 catalog on Friday. There are so many great resources I want from it. Check out their website at www.visionforum.com. They have neat thing for little boys and girls, too. They are all about equipping the family to live a biblically Christian life in the world today. Good stuff!

Please pray for those in the path of hurricane Wilma. This includes my Dad who lives in Sarasota and also my brother, Jamie, who lives in Stuart, FL--near Lake Okeechobee. Jamie got hit hard last year and his roof has never been completely repaired. Let's pray it holds together! He returned from Costa Rica to care for his house during this thing. We stocked up on some things in case the forecast changed. This neighborhood had no power for about 6 days during one of the storms last year. I am hoping that won't happen again soon.

My older brother is turning 40 on Friday! I am working on something special for him that money can't buy. In case he lurks here I can't say what it is ;). I am looking forward to going to his party!! Adults only...most of them cops.

Have a blessed Sunday!

"but that that wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had so much fun today with you and your family. Thank you so much for letting us hang out all day.
I love some of the things that children say. Well, some of the things. I was bummed about the homeschool meeting. We should plan one with the ladies that we were talking about. Sue Spencer too.
I will talk with you tomorrow.