Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Hope

There are lots of things to hope for and here are a few on my mind today:

-I hope I can survive Algebra 1 with my daughter!
-I hope that God graces us with another pregnancy soon and it's a girl. (This month would be good and a boy would be okay, too!)
-I hope that as my 4 and 6 year old sons get older they won't argue so much.
-I hope my husband can have peace and happiness--along with lowering his cholesterol and reducing stress.
-I hope that God gives me strength to survive homeschooling b/c I am NOT liking it right now.
-I hope my children grow in faith and have a lifelong relationship with Jesus Christ.
-I hope that business goes well enough to support our family. I am trusting God for this, but it's really hard not to worry!
-I hope the dog dies a natural death soon.
-I hope all the kids love each other and have close relationships all of their lives.
-I hope Stu and I will have time alone together to talk about "real" stuff.

Lastly, I have hope in Jesus Christ. All the things in this world should not be so important. I am asking God today to help me focus on His Word and what it says I should do and not what the world says or what my friends and neighbors are doing. (I've been in a funk for awhile and it's wearing on me.)

"For in this hope we are saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently." Romans 8:24

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nancy,
I did that quiz for the book of the Bible thing. It said that I am Proverbs. I agreed with it except the not talking very much part. Though, today I feel very quiet. I have so much on my mind. I didn't go to the Mary Kay meeting tonight. I was running errands all day, and so I wanted to stay home and do stuff with my kids. Right now they are swimming, but after that we will watch a movie together or something. Dinner is ready so I should start getting them out now. We are having a late night.
And about the homeschool comment you made. What exactly are you not liking?

Unknown said...

It's just been so hard this year juggling everything. I do confess I tend towards being perfectionist, so that makes it difficult. Having 1 in high school, 1 in jr. high, a first grader, a preschooler, and a baby who wanders around and gets into everything is taxing on a normal day. I'm having trouble dividing myself right now.