Monday, December 10, 2007

Today it's off for a little Christmas shopping. I feel like I have done a lot, but when you have 6 children to buy for it can be overwhelming. Each child will receive 3 gifts and some stocking stuffers, so that's 18 gifts + a few little ones. It's interesting, because a couple of them haven't been able to give me many ideas. It's nice that they're not so caught up in the stuff (I only have 1 who is, really). I love giving and receiving gifts. This makes Christmas fun, but I don't like how commercialized it is. Jesus is the real reason we are to celebrate this season. Let us not forget to focus on that!

Jamie and Celeste will be leaving for St. Louis in just over a week. They will be gone 19 days. Please pray for me as I am pregnant and not used to caring for 4 children under 8 all by myself. I'm having a hard time carrying the baby (Eden). My right hip has been giving me trouble, so I'm trying not to pick her up. She is only walking about 20% of the time, so that makes this difficult. It's hard for the rest of us when our whole family isn't together during Christmas. The little boys really miss their big brother and sister. I am praying for safe travels and that Jamie and Celeste enjoy their family in St. Louis.

No comments: