Saturday, December 01, 2007

Welcome to December!

This morning we had whole wheat banana pancakes. (I may have posted this before, but go here for the recipe.) They are so good that if you close your eyes you can imagine being in some fancy restaurant for breakfast. I do grind my own grain which makes them that much better, but store-bought whole wheat should work fine. They're best when the bananas are very ripe. By the way, Hillbilly Housewife is an excellent site to learn how to save money on groceries and lots of other neat tips. One of my favorites!

I had a great time scrap booking last night! I finished Eden's book up through Christmas last year...okay, now she's 3 months old in her album. The goal is to get it up-to-date before the baby comes. I don't know how it happened, but I'm a year behind in scrap booking right now. Ahhhh!

Today we're going to attempt to get some Christmas decorations and lights up on the house. Our eaves are so high that we need a special ladder. We'll try to borrow it from friends today. I don't know that I will put the tree up this weekend because of Eden. I foresee a tree with ornaments only on the top half, ha! This evening I am going to a "girls" party. The late teens/young 20's girls at our church want to mentor the 10-18 set, so they're having a little event. Moms are invited, too! It's at a farm and there will be a bonfire, so it should be a fun night out.

Notice my new banner? Many thanks to my 16yo daughter, Celeste, for creating a new December banner for me!

No comments: