Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Yummy Christmas Recipe


Looking Towards Heaven is hosting a Holiday Par-tay today! I thought I would participate by putting a recipe all the kids love below. If you like Rice Krispie Treats, you'll like this! This is a recipe my mother made when I was growing up. I have never seen it at another party all my life.

CHRISTMAS HOLLY CLUSTERS

1 stick butter
30 lg. marshmallows
1/2 tsp. green food coloring (add as much as you like to achieve desired color)
4 1/2 c. cornflakes
1/3 c. red cinnamon candies

Melt butter in saucepan on low heat. As the butter begins to melt, add the marshmallows. Stir constantly. Add the green food coloring when the marshmallows are mostly melted. Stir until melted. Turn off heat. Add cornflakes and stir until they are coated. Drop a spoonful of cornflakes on waxed paper and press 3 red cinnamon candies on each cluster. Let dry about one hour. Eat them up, yum!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh! We used to make these as kids. They were good and gooey.

Thanks, fellow Gator :)

Cyndy said...

Just what I like! A yummy, easy cookie recipe!

jennwa said...

I have had these, they are so good. Also I had the meatball recipe, I buy the frozen from the grocery store. I am all about quick and easy.

Karla Porter Archer said...

I know what I'm making this weekend! This does sound good.

And congrats on baby #7! How wonderful!

Thanks for joining in the fun!

Blessings,
Karla

Eunice said...

Hi Nancy,

Just wanted to add that we enjoyed these at the 180 Christmas party...yummy and pretty to look at,too! Celeste told us she made them. She did a great job. :)

Eunice