Tuesday, December 20, 2005

The Battle is in the mind

During the message on Sunday our pastor reminded us that the battle we fight day to day is in the mind. I can most assuredly agree with that as I experience the loneliness and frustration that has come with this particular Christmas season. Rather than spend this whole blog telling you about it, I chose to focus on what Phil said. Since the battlefield is in the mind we must put on the helmet of salvation. Preach the Good News to yourself every day. Remember the Grace you have received from Jesus and share it with others. While you're at it, read the book of James. It's one of my favorites and I find it encouraging. That's what you'll find me doing when Tommy lays down for a nap. Also, focus on this:

"But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of a great joy that will be for ALL the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:10-11

Let us thank Him every day that this life isn't all he has for us. That our salvation is sealed and we will live forever with Him. Thank you Jesus!

1 comment:

Charity said...

Hey,
That was good. I still need to listen to Sun. message. I should get a copy of it and give it to Andrew to take with him when he is on the road. Actually, I should get every Sun. message for him. Then he would have alot to take with him for each road trip.