Thursday, December 08, 2005

Much ado about something

Thursday greets me with rain, but not in my soul. My heart is light for I have had a wonderful week already. What a wonderful anniversary Stu and I had! Today the children and I will be baking cookies and Nancy's Apple Bread for our caregroup Christmas party this evening. With all of the rain, I'm sure the bonfire is out, but I am looking forward to the fellowship just the same.

Since I home school, we are on an abbreviated schedule this week and will be concluding our studies for the calendar year tomorrow. Celeste has been working hard because she is in high school now. I am proud of her. She may continue with math into next week, but otherwise I am on vacation for 3 weeks. Jamie and Celeste leave next Thursday evening for St. Louis. Their flight leaves Orlando on Friday morning. I will miss them a lot! But I know they will have such a wonderful time with their family in the midwest. Meanwhile, we will try to make the most of Christmas without them. Which reminds me...I need to gather a few gifts here soon! As I really only have a couple. Please pray for Stu's business. We are in specific need for his Beacon Hill project to close--this depends on good weather which we are not having today. I still praise His holy name for He has kept us in good care!

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be upon his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."
Isaiah 9:6

Blessed be His holy name!

1 comment:

Charity said...

hey Nancy,
I had fun being able to relax with you and the other families tonight. I think that everything went fine. I stayed to make sure she did not need any more help. Stephanie was sweeping when I went back inside. I am having a hard time getting into feeling like it's Christmas time. Keep me in your prayers.