Wednesday, August 02, 2006

What's in a name?

We have decided to name our new baby girl Eden which means: paradise, delightful, beautiful. We are still undecided on the middle name, but have narrowed it down to three choices:

Jubilee--a festival in the OT in Leviticus 25 that was a year of freedom, liberty, blessing
Joy--which is Latin and means Joyful, follower of truth
Elisabeth--it's Hebrew and means Oath of God, consecrated

So, just for fun, what do you think? My hubby really likes Eden Elisabeth...and so does my daughter. I'm not sure yet. Maybe I need to meet her first! This is the fun part, though! I will continue to pray about her name and will be interested to see how opinions run. Blessings!

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

I would probably vote for Joy or Elisabeth as middle names. But really, they all sound pretty. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I love eden joy...
it sounds so happy.
I too am a mother of 6 ages 15 down to 11 months. Only difference..I have 5 boys and only one girl.
Good luck with the pregnancy and delivery.

Unknown said...

Any other takers???

~Celeste~ said...

Elisabeth!!! hehe

Anonymous said...

I am with Celeste and DH... I love the sound of Eden Elisabeth. yeah for another girl in the family!!!!

Anonymous said...

I think you and Stew should make the ultimate decision... whose business is it anyway but yours? But if you are asking for opinions.. I always have one. I like Eden Elizabeth... but we will love her whatever her name is.

blessedmama said...

i think eden joy sounds adorable.
sidenote: i used to want to name a baby girl jubilee and call her bilee, like billy.
yeah, i think i'm kinda glad dh vetoed that one. ;)
God bless!!!
(i'm from WAH btw)