Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Great Day!

Today is a great day. Why? Well, I always liked Wednesdays...they're just, well, encouraging. We're halfway through the week and it's all downhill from here. Also, Wednesday night is the only night we don't have something going on during the week. There's nowhere to rush to, yea!
Also, I am going to get a pedicure this afternoon. I've been waiting to do it for 3 months. After last week, I decided to take a little "mommy time" every week. It will make me a better mother. This is what I need. I tend to take care of others needs first.

We are planning a very exciting Thanksgiving dinner with some friends from church. We're going to have at least 4 families, so far. My Dad and brother, Jamie, are in Costa Rica until early December, so I thought we'd do this. I enjoy the fellowship. I can't believe it's this time of year already. It's been a fast year. We've almost been in our "new" home for 1 year (Dec. 11th will be a year). It's been wonderful and hard all at the same time...take a few minutes to reflect on the past year. What has God taught you this year? How have you grown? What might you do for next year to cultivate your relationship with Jesus more? I am thinking on these things.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 NIV

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you'll have a crowd for Thanksgiving too. I'm having my three sisters, their families and my parents - a grand total of 18 people!! I better get busy.

Anonymous said...

Heh, I left that comment above but soemthing went wrong!

Anonymous said...

I am still in Orlando. But I will be coming home tomorrow morning. You have been doing alot since I have been gone these past couple of days. Were you able to get your hair and pedicure done? I hope so, you need to relax and enjoy some pampering. I did good with the pampered chef show Tues. night. And I was even able to show some of my Mary Kay gift sets that I put together. I have so much more fun with Mary Kay. I can't wait to talk to you. I will most likely call you when I am traveling home tomorrow. OH! Andrew had to take Bethany to the hospital tonight. She hit the side of her eye on the counter in the bathroom. It split it open 1/8 of an inch from her eye. They glued it close and hopefully it heals better than her last booboo. I think the emergency room knows her by name. I gotta go. Have a wonderfull day and know that you are loved!!!!

Unknown said...

Hey Becky and Charity! I'm trying to think. I think for us it will be at least 20 people. 11 of them are kids. MOre may come!