Thursday, November 10, 2005

Pure Joy

Today was one of those days that I'd rather forget. At least the first 2/3 of it anyway! As adults it is important that we show patience and have self control. I did a very good job of that today except for the fact that it was like a bomb went of silently inside of me. Not good! Just a lot to take care of and things just seem to keep going wrong. Here's a silly list:

-LARGE repair on "new" suburban
-a vacuum cleaner that doesn't clean despite several attempts to fix it
-a stereo receiver that doesn't work anymore (no more jazz during dinner)
-my son broke the cdrom on our computer today (last year he killed the whole computer)
-bickering children
-a cooler with yucky water dumped over in the back of my truck...now it stinks!

Anyway, moms just need time to themselves now and again. I haven't gotten enough of that recently, thus the implosion. But God, as usual, is merciful. He gave me this verse:

Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given to him. James 1:2-5

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I missed talking with you today. I think we are all getting sick.
But we have to talk tomorrow. What is going on with your truck? And you can fill me in with everything else.

Unknown said...

I had a repair on my truck last week that ran over $800. I guess I didn't tell you about that. I felt sick during that time for the money we put on that credit card to fix it. Just frustrating every day stuff.