Saturday, November 26, 2005

Thanksgiving Thankfulness






I know it's been a couple of days since the big event, but it has taken me this long to have the time to sit down and tell you about it. We had 5 families from our church get together. We met at our church property. There were 26 of us with 15 children and 11 adults. The food was great! I especially liked: Chris Spencer's homemade apple pie (wow!) and turkey, Lettie's mashed potatoes, Charity's yummy carrots, and Jenn Beck's sweet potato casserole. I'm stuffed just thinking about it. I was exhausted after running around with Tommy during the afternoon...life with a little toddler is fun and interesting. I try to remind myself that this time will slip away before I know it. I am sure it was much easier when I was 24 (with Celeste)! Speaking of Celeste, there are a couple pics of her in the bunch I will post with this--look for the cute 14 year-old. I hope your Thanksgiving was just as blessed as mine!

Now we are really looking forward to Christmas! Celeste and I hung lights on the front porch and I think they look spectacular. I'll have to blog some pics, too! Enjoy this blessed season!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, it was very nice to be with such wonderful families. But I have to confess, I did not make the carrots. You'll have to give my hubby the credit. Especially when it tastes that good. The pics are cute. And Celeste, you look good in them, so don't worry.
I almost forgot......CONGRATULATIONS Nancy, on winning the Pampered Chef hostess gifts.

Amie said...

Sounds yummy, and you have a beautiful family!

Thanks for visiting my blog :)