Thursday, November 17, 2005

Let's go for a walk

Over the past 2+ months I have started exercising. I see it as an issue of health. I want to be healthy whenever we are blessed with another pregnancy and I want to be around to experience my grandchildren and beyond. I know I need to lose weight, but I thought I would first start with the fitness thing. (It's kind of hard to think about losing weight when you're hoping to get pregnant.) I have been using Leslie Sansone's walking program. She has 1 mile, 2 mile, and a 3 mile walk on DVD and VHS. It uses hand weights, too. I usually do the 1 mile b/c the 2 mile kicks my butt. Also, I have been taking walks in the neighborhood with my boys during the morning. It's about 1.3 miles on the loop that I do. I have been very consistent in doing this at least 3 times per week--sometimes as much as 5 times per week. Haven't lost any weight yet, but I have been sleeping very well.

Any ideas to combat the late night snack attack? Many nights around 10:30 or so you can find us eating sushi, chips & salsa, or ice cream. If I stopped that, maybe I would lose weight, lol! Or how about snack ideas that are healthy.

Meanwhile I will trust God to take care of me and direct my ways...especially in how to care for my body, His temple.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Made it over here to check out pics of your cute kids. :) I'm all about doing weight watchers when I'm not pregnant . . . the last time I got serious about it (lost about 10-15 lbs.) we got pregnant. Go figure! My favorite late night snack when dieting is popcorn. Very filling. :)

Anonymous said...

If I have it in the house, then I eat it. So I have to not buy it. But I still do, just not that often. You need to ask Lettie to go walking with you.

Unknown said...

Popcorn sounds good...if my daughter can put up with the smell :). I should drag Lettie on a walk with me. It's supposed to rain tomorrow, so I'm reduced to the VHS or DVD walking.